Bloukrans Bungy Social Contributions
We recognise that our bungy jumping operation takes place within the broader social, environmental and economic context of our beautiful South Africa.
An important part of our long term strategy is to have a sustainable positive impact on our local communities and the surrounding environment. To make this strategy work we channel financial and other resources into the local communities in our area in three ways:
- We lease our offices from the Tsitsikamma Forest Village Trust and also pay this trust 10% of every jump. This Trust is set up as community development trust. This means our clients are part of the contribution equation. If you would like to know more about this trust, please get in contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our contribution to date stands at R 35,000,000.00 (Thank you to all who had faith in us!)
- We contribute financial and other resources to selected local community organisations. See the current list organisations we have supported below. So far, we have contributed over R 500,000.00
- We do what we can to empower local people.
- We have helped some of our current and ex-staff members from the local communities start their own businesses.
- We have sponsored many of our own staff members to enable them to obtain their driving licence.
- We upskill our staff with external training courses like level 1 - 3 first aid, level 1 rigging, Occupational Health and Safety training etc. Sure this benefits our organisation, but they are also lifelong and useful skills to have.
By doing what we do, we have created a market and opportunity for local businesses to establish and thrive…while also creating more job opportunities.
- Accommodation offered by the Trust
- Sales of curios to tourists
- Adventure booking office
None of this would be possible without the many people who put their faith in us and bungy jump from the mighty Bloukrans River Bridge - THANK YOU!
Local Community Organisations we have assisted